Collective Thoughts #30: NYC Happy Hour Tonight, Web3 Hiring Event, WTF is the Merge, & More!
Your go-to read for crypto & community weekly.
what we’re reading:
- The Crypto World Can’t Wait for ‘the Merge’ (The New York Times)
- Blockchain Means So Much More Than Crypto (CoinDesk)
- Investment clubs are cool again, and maybe community is, too (TechCrunch)
- Web3 Brands Try Serving Customers in the Real World (The Wall Street Journal)
- Exclusive: The Block launches tokenized paywall (Axios)
what’s happening this week:
1. IRL NYC: Crypto & Web3 NYC End of Summer Party
TONIGHT, Mon @ 6pm ET | (RSVP)
Join the NYC crypto ecosystem to celebrate the end of summer! Everyone will get one drink ticket and enjoy a beautiful night at Freehold in Union Square Park.
2. Web3 Helping & Hiring
Wed @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
An event for people looking for a job in web3 or hiring in web3. We’ll be talking about job searching in web3, compensation, and sharing job boards with our guests Rachel, Founder of xCollective and Riley, Web3 Community Leader.
3. NFT Community Event #79
Fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly catch-up where we talk all about NFTs and have a good time.
save the date:
DAO Talks #7 - ChoiceDAO
Tues, Sept 6 @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
Join us for the 7th event in our DAO Talks series where we’ll talk with ChoiceDAO about how they’ve been supporting frontline nonprofits to further reproductive justice.
WTF is the Ethereum Merge?
Wed, Sept 14 @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
We’ll be talking about the ETH merge as the topic for our next “WTF is…” event. The purpose of this event is to break down confusing concepts in web3 and crypto with guest experts.
what we’re sharing in our group chats:
- This Twitter thread detailing DAO growth (8.8X in # of DAOs this year!) DAO governance and activity
- This article exploring howWeb3 can be used to reduce concert ticket fraud
- This interview with KlimaDAO about how they’re using web3 to fight climate change
- Eliot’s newsletter exploring how to use NFTs as a tool to build community
what we’re screenshotting:
what we’re celebrating:
- Mo Salomon has joined our team as the People Operations Lead! Welcome, Mo!
- We launched a new feature that lets you disburse funds in a Collective.
- Congratulations to the LinksDAO’s team on their partnership with IMG Prestige (article).
- Our Miami IRL event was so much fun! Thank you to Monica, our Head of Community for organizing the happy hour!
- Welcome KODAO to Upstream!