Collective Thoughts #29: Klima DAO Talk, WTF is Tokenomics, IRL Events in Miami & NYC, & More!
Your go-to read for crypto & community weekly.
what we’re reading:
- Watch Brands Keep the Crypto Faith (The New York Times)
- Ethereum’s Merge Will Increase Its Use Cases and Drive Its Investment Narrative (CoinDesk)
- E-Commerce Giant Mercado Libre Introduces Cryptocurrency in Brazil, Plans Wider Latin America Use (CoinDesk)
- NFT Startup Boss Beauties Signs With WME (Variety)
- CoinFund launches $300M web3 fund to invest in early-stage crypto (TechCrunch)
5 things happening this week:
1. DAO Talks #6 - Klima DAO
Tues @ 2:30pm ET | (RSVP)
Join us for the 6th event in our DAO Talks series where we’ll talk with KlimaDAO about how their DAO is helping support a more green economy and climate finance.
2. WTF is Tokenomics?
Wed @ 4pm ET | (RSVP)
We’ll break down the basics of tokenomics, how it can influence our holding decision when investing in projects, and give examples of projects who have mastered their tokenomics.
3. Goblintown UnHang Out
Thurs @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
Come hang out with me, Ian Miller, and friends. Where we don't really tell you anything but have fun!
4. IRL Event: Miami’s Web3 & Tech End of Summer Happy Hour
Thurs @ 6pm ET | (RSVP)
The #MiamiTech & Web3 community is coming together for Happy Hour! Thanks to our partner Rain, the corporate card for the open web, for making this event possible.
5. NFT Community Event #78
Fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly meet-up where we’ll run through the latest proposals and what we’re seeing in the space.
save the date:
IRL NYC: Crypto & Web3 NYC End of Summer Party
Mon, Aug 29 @ 6pm ET | (RSVP)
Join the NYC crypto ecosystem to celebrate the end of summer! Everyone will get one drink ticket and enjoy a beautiful night at Freehold in Union Square Park.
what we’re sharing in our group chats:
- This Twitter thread sharing resources to learn more about web3
- A good breakdown in this blog post explaining the Ethereum merge
- This article explores the future of involving fans in filmmaking through DAOs
- Li Jin spoke on the TechCrunch podcast about the “passion economy” in web3
- This video recap of Upstream’s NFT Project Showcase with the Goblintown team
what we’re screenshotting:
what we’re celebrating:
- Our Head of Biz and Development, Ja’dan, hosted a Web3 Dinner at #LATechWeek! We love meeting people in the tech community!
- Mala Mawkin joined Outlier Ventures as an Associate!
- You can now host your own events in Upstream! Learn how here.
- We’re still buzzing from the positive feedback we’re hearing about Vault DAO. Request early access here.