New Feature: Did you know you can host your own events on Upstream? Learn more about it here.
what we’re reading:
- Tiffany & Co. Turns CryptoPunks Into $12.5M Luxury Jewelry Sale (Blockworks)
- Bohemian noble family redefines modern aristocracy by selling NFTs to preserve and share a 700-year-old legacy (CNBC)
- Ethereum co-founder sees role diminishing as blockchain becomes increasingly decentralized (TechCrunch)
- Worried about keeping your crypto and NFTs safe? Upstream can help (Refresh Miami)
- Want a Super Bowl ring? Dapper Labs and L.A. Rams offer NFT version starting at $9 (Fortune)
what’s happening this week:
1. Web3 Marketers SpeedUps Hosted by Serial Marketers
Wed @ 5pm ET | (RSVP)
Meet fellow experienced marketers and see how you can support each other.
2. NFT Community Event #77
Fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly meet-up where we’ll run through the latest proposals and what we’re seeing in the space.
3. DAO Talks #6 - Klima DAO
Tues, Aug 23 @ 2:30pm ET | (RSVP)
Join us for the 6th event in the series where we’ll talk with KlimaDAO about a new green economy and reducing market fragmentation to accelerate the delivery of climate finance.
save the date:
WTF is Tokenomics
Wed, Aug 24th @ 4 pm ET | (RSVP)
In our series, “WTF is...?” we educate our community and answer any questions you may have about Web3. This week we’ll talk about the basics of tokenomics, how it can influence our holding decision when investing in projects, and give examples of projects who have mastered their tokenomics.
IRL Miami: Miami’s Web3 & Tech End of Summer Happy Hour
Thurs, Aug 25th @ 6pm ET | (RSVP)
It's the end of Summer, so it's the perfect excuse for us to get our #MiamiTech & Web3 community together for a Happy Hour!
IRL NYC: Crypto & Web3 NYC End of Summer Party
Mon, Aug 29 @ 6pm ET | (RSVP)
Join the NYC crypto ecosystem to celebrate the end of summer! Everyone will get one drink ticket and enjoy a beautiful night at Freehold in Union Square Park.
what we’re sharing in our group chats:
- This Twitter thread listing people to follow in Web3 and NFTs
- This TechCrunch podcast breaking down what happened with Tornado Cash
- This newsletter where Caryn Tan writes about designing a successful DAO application process
- This blog post where Ian Vanagas breaks down what a DAO is
- This video interview about UkraineDAO and the future of fundraising
what we’re screenshotting:
what we’re celebrating: