each week, in this newsletter we’ll cover the latest events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we’re reading
- Everyone is drafting their own startup Black Swan memo (TechCrunch)
- UnicornDAO Raises $4.5M to Support Women, LGBTQ+ NFT Artists (CoinSpeaker)
- Gary Vee on state of NFT market (CNBC)
- M&A is coming for DeFi protocols as market conditions change (TechCrunch)
- Cannes: Is the Film Industry Really Ready to Embrace NFTs? (The Hollywood Reporter)
what’s on the calendar
1. Active Investors #31: Digital Networking
tues @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
join the Active Investors community for their 31st event. no speakers, only 3 breakouts where you can meet someone new!
2. Future of Employee Wellness with Elise King of Human Ventures
tues @ 3:30pm ET | (RSVP)
join Elise King of Human Ventures to explore what the future of employee wellness looks like!
3. NFTs in IRL: How one company is integrating NFTs into fashion & membership clubs
weds @ 4pm ET | (RSVP)
we're bringing in Sam Payrovi, the Founder of ArkHAUS & Saintly NYC to share how he is launching the First Floating NFT Membership Club in IRL fashion.
4. NFT community event #66
fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
our weekly meet-up where we’ll run through the latest proposals and what we’re seeing in the space.
where we’re going
Founders Friday with Nicolas Girard from Oxio | Future of Mobile
fri, may 27th @ 8:30am ET | (RSVP) | 16 W 22nd St, New York, NY
join the Founders Friday community at Free Agency to meet some fellow founders and listen to Nicolas Girard from Oxio speak.
NFT NYC Happy Hour
wed, june 22 @ 6pm ET | (RSVP) | Location: TBD
Upstream, Cryptoys, Evaluate Market, Juicebox Frens, and Kiki The Bored Ape have teamed up to host an unforgettable Happy Hour at NFT NYC 2022.
who’s talking about crypto
virtual office hours
- Alvarez Thelma | Portfolio manager at BlackRock Inc
- Eben Matthews | Co-founder, Creative Genius Super Humble at Macroverse
- Jeff Weisbein | Founder at Hype Lab
- Roxette Miranda | Partner at 305 Works
- Samuel Artmann | Principal at Sanctuary Ventures
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- The a16z 2022 State of Crypto Report
- This Twitter thread covering the challenges and opportunities of DAOs
- The Permissionless live stream link in case anyone wasn’t able to make it
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- Our Head of Community, Monica, is representing the US in Redbull’s 5v5 soccer tournament in Qatar this week! (Tweet)
- you can now try out an Upstream Collective in this demo!
- we’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Developer, CX Lead, Content Manager, & more (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!