gm! we’re super excited to roll out the ability to change your vote on a proposal in a Collective. read more here!
each week, in this newsletter we’ll cover the latest events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we’re reading
- Mark Cuban: Crypto is going through a similar 'lull' to the early internet (CNBC)
- The Need for Baby Steps in DAO Development (Nasdaq)
- Instagram will begin testing NFTs this week (The Verge)
what’s on the calendar
future of time management with Sena Zorlu of Kubera.VC
tues @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
Sena Zorlu of Kubera will be interviewed by Elkanah Reed of WORKOPTI about the future of time management and how we will work more efficiently in the future.
web3 founder origin story: Mack Flavelle, CEO of BigHead.club, Prev Co-Founder of Dapper Labs
thurs @ 4pm ET | (RSVP)
join us Thursday where we’ll chat with Mack about his new role as CEO of BigHead.club and previous role as Co-Founder of Dapper Labs and Co-Founder of Crypto Kitties.
NFT community event #65
fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
come and talk NFTs with Drew and Alex! we’ll run through the latest proposals and what we’re seeing in the space.
where we’re going
RunningDAO Tailgate @ Track Night NYC
join the TrackCred Metaverse community at Icahn Stadium to compete against Olympians & local elites for cash prizes🤑. feel free to watch and converse with VCs, Founders, and other assorted Fin and Tech frens who run
NFT NYC Happy Hour
wed, june 22 @ 6pm ET | (RSVP) | Location: TBD
Upstream, Cryptoys, Evaluate Market, Juicebox Frens, and Kiki The Bored Ape have teamed up to host an unforgettable Happy Hour at NFT NYC 2022.
who’s talking about crypto
virtual office hours
- Genesis Hernández | CM at Buenbit
- Alvarez Thelma | Portfolio manager at BlackRock Inc
- Marco Ordonez | Director & CBDO at Evolbit
- Giovanni Vanini | Cofounder at Daolectic research
- Jeff Weisbein | Founder at Hype Lab
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- This explainer by Packy McCormick and Jon Wu and of what happened with Terra
- This blog with Chris Dixon from a16z and Mario Gabriele about blockspace
- This tweet thread explaining more about DAOs and why they matter
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- Sarah gave an awesome teach-in explaining what a DAO is in Berlin at Avalanche House (tweet)
- you can now try out an Upstream Collective in this demo!
- we’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Developer, CX Lead, Content Manager, & more (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!