each week, in this newsletter we’ll cover the latest events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we’re reading
- Crypto Mortgages Let Homebuyers Keep Bitcoin, Put Down Nothing (Bloomberg)
- Wall Street Reluctantly Embraces Crypto (WSJ)
- Otherside land NFTs sell out in hours as Yuga Labs rakes in $317 million (The Block)
- Will Tennessee become the next tech hub for Web3 entrepreneurs? (The Guardian)
- Uniswap, Celo and how DAO governance works (Axios)
what’s on the calendar
monthly crypto pitch night
wed @ 5pm ET | (RSVP)
come to our monthly crypto pitch night. joining us is Daniela Henao, co-founder of Defy Trends, Brandon Chance, co-founder of LoanMySole, and Chris Coll, co-founder of Dive App.
how to have a stress-free move to Miami by Shyft
thurs @ 4:30pm ET | (RSVP)
with everyone moving to Miami, we've invited Shyft and an amazing panel from all areas of the ecosystem to share experiences, bumps, and wins when moving to Miami.
NFT community event #63
fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
come and talk NFTs with Drew and Alex! you’ll learn about what’s happening in the space and what we’re excited about.
where we’re going
crypto cowork day #3 @ CIC Miami
weds, may 11th @ 9am ET | (RSVP) | CIC Miami, Northwest 7th Avenue, Miami, FL, USA
take a break from working from home or your local office and join us for a way to meet new people in our local Tech Scene. we are also having another crypto genius bar where we will help set up your crypto wallet, ENS domain, and Coinbase account
serial marketers first wednesday in NYC meet-up
wed, may 4th @ 5pm ET | (RSVP) | Mason Jar NYC, East 30th Street, New York, NY, USA
meet fellow marketers and community members at the Serial Marketers community’s in-person event in NYC
founders friday w/ Frida Polli from Pymetrics
fri, may 6th @ 8:30am ET | (RSVP) | Free Agency, 16 West 22nd Street, New York, NY, USA
join the Founders Friday community at Free Agency to meet some fellow founders and listen to Frida Polli from Pymetrics speak
who’s talking about crypto
virtual office hours
- Melissa Henderson | Head of Community at ApeWorX.io
- Olivia Janisch | Director of Business Development, Partnerships at SuperBrand
- Giovanni Vanini | Co-Founder of Daolectic Research
- Tyler Penning | Biz dev & Partnerships at YxungSneaks
- Jeremy G | Partnerships and Integration Lead at The Metakey
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- This super helpful blog explaining what staking is
- Here’s how you can delegate your votes in a DAO
- This DAO Just Bought a Sports Team
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- excited to see people having a great experience with Upstream Collectives!
- you can now try out an Upstream Collective in this demo!
- we’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Developer, CX Lead, Content Manager, & more (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!