If you’re in New York, join the 300+ people RSVPed for Upstream’s Tech & VC Happy Hour on Wednesday from 6-8pm at Company Ventures (335 Madison Ave)! (RSVP)
🔥 5 Things You Can’t Miss This Week 🔥
🌎 This VC invests in places that traditional VCs have ignored | Tues @ 6pm ET (RSVP)
We’re excited to chat with Mark Volchek, Founding Partner at Las Olas VC (LOVC). LOVC is a seed-stage, lead investor firm that is committed to investing in the emerging generation of B2B companies built in places largely ignored by traditional venture capital.
🌲What in the world are carbon offsets? | Tues @ 6pm ET (RSVP)
Join Jack Policar, COO of Phood & Admin of the Sustainability Changemakers Community, in a discussion with Paul Gambill, CEO of Nori, a startup reversing climate change. We’ll be chatting about NRTs (Nori Removal Tonnes), carbon markets, and the value and criticisms of offsets in general.
📣 Why will the voice-based ad market reach $19B next year? | Weds @ 12pm ET (RSVP)
What kinds of brands should consider voice advertising? Find out in this conversation with Serial Marketers Community Admin David Berkowitz and Rashi Miller, Partnerships Lead for Instreamatic, a Voice AI company that serves consumers ads they can speak with.
🤝 WTF is a DAO? | Weds @ 6pm ET (RSVP)
Continuing our series of “WTF is…” where we dig into confusing crypto topics, we have Twitter sensation @coopahtroopa to explain DAOs. We'll walk through the basics of what a DAO is, why DAOs have such wide appeal right now, examples of DAOs, and opportunities in the space.
🖼 What NFTs do you need to know about? | Fri @ 1pm ET (RSVP)
Join our most lively weekly discussion on Upstream at our Friday NFT chat with me and Drew Austin. We’ll chat about what we’re looking at, what we’ve heard, and where we’re most excited.
🍎This Week’s IRL Meet-Up: NYC 🍎
You can’t miss the 4th IRL New York Tech & VC Happy Hour at Company Ventures this Wednesday, Oct 13th at 6pm-8pm ET! Drinks are on Upstream.
Say hi to Ja’dan Johnson, Upstream’s Community & Marketing Lead, who is in from Miami to host.
🌟 Win of the Week 🌟
The founders of Cura, a platform for creators to launch consumer food brands, have partnered with Brightline trains to provide amazing snacks in their stations.
📚This Week’s Reading 📚
THIS WEEK’S EVENTS ROUND-UP
Open the links below from your phone or from your computer!
MONDAY the 11th
Morning: 9am – 12pm EST
TUESDAY the 12th
Evening: 5pm – 9pm EST
- Fireside chat with Paul Gambill - Ceo at Nori at 6pm ET
- Investor Series #58 Mark Volchek, Founding Partner @ Las Olas VC at 6pm ET
- Pitch Night #44 - Gentle Beast at 7pm ET
WEDNESDAY the 13th
Afternoon: 12pm – 5pm EST
- Voice Advertising: What You Need to Hear, with Instreamatic at 12pm ET
- The Helm Membership Social at 12pm ET
- WTF is...a DAO? With @Coopahtroopa (aka Cooper Turley) at 1pm ET
- Future of Hiring with William Tincup, Editor-at-Large of RecruitingDaily at 3pm ET
Evening: 5pm – 9:30pm EST
- Transatlantic Venture Partners & Burkland Happy Hour (IRL) at 6pm ET
- NY IRL Tech & VC Happy Hour: #4 at 6pm ET
FRIDAY the 15th
Afternoon: 12pm – 5pm EST
- NFT Community Event #34 at 1pm ET
- #37 Investor / Founder meetup w/ CJ Fowler, GP at Goat Rodeo Capital at 1pm ET
- Upstream Social #83 with Karissa Bell - Senior Editor at Engadget at 3pm ET
- How to Successfully Promote Your Podcast on 10/18 at 3pm ET
- Media People Talks to… Simone Oliver! On 10/18 at 6pm ET
- Investor Series #59 Joey Kim, Partner @ Romulus Capital on 10/19 at 6pm ET
- Pitch Night #45 - Adgile Media Group (1st tech-enabled truckside advertising biz) on 10/19 at 7pm ET
- Fellow Female Founders - Pros & Cons of Startup Incubators with Chris Danzig on 10/20 at 3pm ET
- How to Pivot Mid-Career with Chris Kluesener, Founder of WorkBack and Kyle Hagge of MorningBrew on 10/20 at 3pm ET
- Sports Business Event #27 on 10/20 at 6pm ET
- NFT Community Event #35 on 10/22 at 1pm ET
- Upstream Social #84 with Armen Keteyian, an 11-time Emmy Award Winner on 10/22 at 3pm ET