gm! big week for the upstream team. from miami to barcelona, our team members were talking about DAOs on panels and pods. check out these can’t miss convos:
- this interview with Pomp where we talk about DAOs and Upstream
- this conversation on Jason Calacanis’s show with Ja’dan Johnson about Miami Hack Week and DAOs
- this panel about DAOs at Avalanche Summit where Sarah Wood spoke about the challenges and opportunities in the space
each week, in this newsletter we’ll cover the latest events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we’re reading
- Meet the Crypto Witches Demystifying NFTs (Bustle)
- Mark Zuckerberg Says NFTs are Coming to Instagram Soon (CoinDesk)
- Improving Discovery for NFTs Will Amplify Digital Creators and Marketplaces (TechCrunch)
what’s on the calendar
explore the future of impact investing
tues @ 3:30pm ET | (RSVP)
join the future of work community for a 20 min Q&A with investor Enki Toto, who works for Salesforce Ventures’ Impact Investment Fund.
the making of VeeFriends: conversation with President, Andy Krainak
thurs @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
meet Andy Krainak, President of VeeFriends, Gary Vee’s NFT Project. Together the team at Veefriend have built one of the most extraordinary communities in all of web3. Learn how they did it in this conversation.
where we’re going
official welcome party for Miami NFT Week
fri, april 1st @ 6pm - 9pm ET | (RSVP)
join us for the Official Welcome Party for Miami NFT Week 🚀Welcome cocktails, great music, epic web3 convos, and tons of good vibes. This event is for Miami NFT Week attendees.
crypto cowork day #2 @ CIC Miami
weds, april 6 @ 9-5pm ET | (RSVP)
co-working available all day with a designated working area and phone booths Feel free to come by for a few hours or stay the whole day! From 2-4pm, we’ll also have our Crypto Genius Bar, where we can help set up your crypto wallet, ENS domain, and Coinbase account.
choose your adventure tech meet-up
thurs, april 21st @ 6pm - 9pm ET | (RSVP)
upstream, venture café miami, and the shrimp society presents a choose-your-adventure tech meetup! Enjoy dinner and drinks with guest speakers and discussions around the hottest topics in tech and web3 today. You choose what you want to learn about!
who’s talking about crypto
IRL Office Hours @ #MiamiTech Happy Hour
weds, march 30 @ 5-6pm ET | FreeHold Miami
- Monica Rojas (Community, Crypto, and Startups)
- Maria Derchi (Community, Startups & VC)
- Alex Taub (Crypto, Startups, VC)
- Chris Adamo (Community, Crypto, Startups, VC)
- Jeanine Suah (Community, Fintech, Startups & VC)
- Erick Gavin (Local Government, VC)
- Elizabeth Irizarry (Community, Web3, Podcast Host)
- Ryan Rea (Miami local, Marketing, Community)
- Ja'dan Johnson (Community, Crypto, VC, Developers)
virtual office hours
- Taylor Morris | CEO at GameStake
- Tiffany Huang | Senior Associate at Sony Innovation Fund
- Rodrigo Ricaud | Growth at QRSKIN USA
- Tyler Sellhorn | Head of CX at Yac
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- This event about climate and crypto hosted by Boys Club on 4/6 in NYC
- This thread breaks down what ETH 2.0 is and when it might be coming
- The conversation with Monica, our Head of Community, on Hacking the Hustle
- This thread explains how you can create a wearable
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- welcome Polina Vasilyeva to the upstream team as a Designer! Read more about Polina and her amazing experience here.
- our friends at Boys Club launched a podcast called “Too Dumb to DAO”. A must-listen!
- congrats to Jacquelyn Melinek who joined TechCrunch as a senior crypto reporter! (Tweet)
- we’re hiring Developers, an Onboarding Specialist, Content Manager, & more (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!