Collective Thoughts #6: upstream collectives open to the public, NFL & NFTs, join the upstream team, protect yourself from scams, & more!
gm! sxsw kicked off last week and it has been great to see so many of you! thank you for all of the support around our public launch of Upstream Collectives and our fundraise. you can read more forbes, this twitter thread, and our blog. you can start a DAO in one-click here.
gm! sxsw kicked off last week and it has been great to see so many of you!
thank you for all of the support around our public launch of Upstream Collectives and our fundraise. you can read more forbes, this twitter thread, and our blog. you can start a DAO in one-click here.
each week, in this newsletter we’ll cover the latest events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we’re reading
- Stripe Gets Friendly With Crypto, Again (TechCrunch)
- Bored Ape Yacht Club creator buys CryptoPunks and Meebits (The Verge)
- Crypto Regulation Is Finally Starting To Catch Up To Market Innovation (Forbes)
- Biden Takes Step Toward Regulating Cryptocurrencies (NYT)
- Spotify Who? Musician’s Earnings Go From $300 to $60,000 in Web3 (Bloomberg)
what’s on the calendar
generalists v. specialists workshop
tues @ 12:30pm ET | (RSVP)
Join the Future of Work Community and discuss when a generalist will make the most impact, what roles & responsibilities those hires are best suited for, and how to set your organization up for success.
from NFL to NFTs
weds @ 4pm ET | (RSVP)
Kelvin Beachum is a 10-year NFL veteran, currently with the Arizona Cardinals. Kelvin is an NFL player turned web3 enthusiast who will share his insights on how he continues to focus on football while managing family, career, tech, and giving back.
thurs @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
this week we will share best practices on using discord, how to keep your discord safe from hackers, and a few must-do to minimize the noise on your discord.
where we’re going
LIVE - consumer VC podcast taping
tues @ 11:30pm ET | (RSVP)
Mike Gelb, Founder of The Consumer VC, is joined by Jason Karp for his first-ever live podcast recording. Jason is one of the leaders in the better-for-you food movement, founding Hu Chocolate and HumanCo.
tues @ 7pm ET | (RSVP)
Come mix and mingle with other fellow disruptors and innovators in the NFT space. Artists, investors, newbies, and pros welcome!
croissants & crypto
march 25 @ 11am - 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our first gathering of people interested in crypto and blockchain in Barcelona. No experience is needed, just curiosity! We’ll meet at Frizzant for coffee, croissants, and casual chatting about crypto.
march 22-27 | (RSVP)
If you’re in Barcelona for Avalanche, Sarah will be speaking on a panel about DAOs.
who’s talking about crypto
- Neetu Puranikmath | Investor at Unmatched Ventures
- Chris Seidensticker | Startup Executive in blockchain / cryptocurrency
- Giovanna Sun | Co-founder of Artbit Club
- Graciela Bergner | Founder, Multi-family office, Angel Investor at Alphabet Angels
what we’re listening to
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- monica hosted an amazing women in web3 brunch at sxsw
- you can start a DAO in one-click here
- we announced our Series A fundraise!
- We’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Designer or Content Manager (Job Board)
- these 10 metaverse female founders highlighted in Yahoo Finance
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!