Collective Thoughts #40: NYC DAO Founders Breakfast Next Week, Art Basel Events, DAO Tips & More!
Your go-to read for crypto & community weekly.
what we’re reading:
- JPMorgan Executes Its First DeFi Trade Using Public Blockchain (Bloomberg)
- What’s going on with NFT royalties? (TechCrunch)
- How Reddit defied Crypto Winter and created a $10 million market for customizable avatars—just don’t call them NFTs (Fortune)
- Instagram Users Will Soon Be Able to Mint and Sell NFTs (CoinDesk)
- Goldman Sachs seeks to impose order on expanding crypto universe with classification system (CNBC)
1. NFT Community Event #88
Fri, Nov 11th @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly catch-up where we talk all about NFTs and have a good time.
2. Art Basel Insider with Matt Medved, Co-Founder of NFT Now
Tues, Nov 15th @ 2pm ET | (RSVP)
If you’re going to Art Basel, you won’t want to miss this talk for the rundown on everything you’ll want to attend!
DAO Founders Breakfast in NYC 🗽
Tues, Nov 15th @ 9:30am ET | (RSVP)
Join us for our monthly DAO Founders Breakfast with our partners, Union Square Ventures and Empire DAO. This event is strictly for DAO founders, core contributors, and those looking to start a DAO. If this is you, we’d love to see you there!
what we’re sharing in our group chats:
- How do you find DAO contributors? Our Head of Community Monica Rojas gives tips for building an engaged DAO
- Clubhouse is introducing Token-Gated Houses
- Polygon is high in popularity for good reason
- Could Twitter become the next big NFT marketplace?
- Join me for this TechCrunch Live event on Nov 9th at 2:30pm ET about making DAOs accessible
what we’re screenshotting:
what we’re celebrating:
- So great to see many of you in Lisbon! Monica and Randy on the Upstream team hosted an awesome dinner with the global Upstream community
- We’re so excited that one of our past event partners, Cryptoys, is launching this week! Check it out.