Collective Thoughts #38: IRL Miami Events, ETH Lisbon, Photography NFTs & More!
Your go-to read for crypto & community weekly.
what we’re reading:
- Reddit Users Open 2.5 Million Crypto Wallets After Launch of NFT Marketplace (CoinDesk)
- Nike’s Venture into Web3 Isn’t About Tech – It’s About Culture (CoinDesk)
- Financial services giant Plaid makes first foray into crypto (Fortune)
- $4.5T asset manager Fidelity offers ETH custody and trading to clients (Cointelegraph)
- The Top Five Web3 Trends In 2023 (Forbes)
1. NFT Spotlight: Voice x PhotoVogue NFT Residency
Tues, Oct 25th @ 2pm ET | (RSVP)
Condé Nast teamed up with Voice to launch a PhotoVogue NFT residency for artists. You can hear from the team at Voice and two current residents. One attendee will win credits to buy their favorite NFT on Voice!
2. NFT Community Event #86 with Silks Team
Fri, Oct 28th @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly catch-up where we talk all about NFTs and have a good time. This week we’ll be joined with the Silks Team to learn about their metaverse horse racing game!
Tech Beach Miami Retreat: Opening Sunset Party by Upstream & CIC
Wed, Oct 26th @ 6pm ET | (RSVP)
We’re hosting an opening for the Tech Beach Retreat in Miami! If you’re part of Miami’s web3 and tech community, come join us for an evening of cocktails, great music, and epic convos.
Web3 Real Estate Summit
Oct 27-28 | (RSVP)
We’ve partnered with Propy for this 2-day conference at the intersection of real estate and web3. Click the RSVP link to use an Upstream community discount!
what we’re sharing in our group chats:
- Gaby Goldberg talks about how blockchain data can be a storytelling device on the Boys Club podcast
- Bicycle Cards 🤝 Bored Apes
- A good read about FWB and what it’s like to build a social DAO
what we’re screenshotting:
what we’re celebrating:
- Our Head of Biz Dev, Ja'dan, is at Money2020 talking about DAOs!
- Michelle shared her web3 tech stack and we’re grateful to see Upstream on it
- Solana Spaces had their opening party in Miami this past week