Collective Thoughts #33: "Crypto Packaged" GOODS NFT Giveaway, Interview with Web3 Familia DAO, WTF is cc0, & More!
Your go-to read for crypto & community.
what we’re reading:
- Starbucks Brewing Revolutionary Web3 Experience for its Starbucks Rewards Members (CoinDesk)
- The Ethereum Merge Is Done, Opening a New Era for the Second-Biggest Blockchain (CoinDesk)
- Ethereum switches to proof-of-stake consensus after completing The Merge (TechCrunch)
- Polygon Soars As Top-tier Brands Chose It As Their Preferred Partner (Entrepreneur)
- KKR Makes Piece of PE Fund Available on Public Blockchain (The Wall Street Journal)
what’s happening this week:
1. DAO Talks #8: Web3 Familia DAO
Tues @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
Christian, the Co-Founder of Web3 Familia DAO will join us for DAO Talks #8. The Web3 Familia is a nonprofit DAO activating across the world to educate, onboard and connect the Latinx community in the Web3 space and ultimately onboard 1 million Latinos to Web3.
2. NFT Spotlight: CPG “Crypto Packaged” GOODS
Thurs @ 2pm ET | (RSVP)
In our next NFT Spotlight series, we’ll be speaking with Chris Cantino and Jamie Schmidt to learn all about their Web3 alpha community and incubator that’s working on new drops and community initiatives called "Crypto Packaged” Goods.
3. Goblintown Unhang Out IV
Thurs @ 4pm ET | (RSVP)
Come hang out with me, Ian Miller, and friends. Where we don't really tell you anything but have fun!
4. NFT Community Event #82
Fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly catch-up where we talk all about NFTs and have a good time.
save the date:
WTF is cc0?
Wed, Sept 28 @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
In this “WTF is.. “ event, we’ll cover cc0 rights. Come learn about the meaning of cc0, why big projects are using them, and why they matter.
NFT Spotlight: The future of Sports in Web3
Thurs, Sept 29 @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
For this NFT Spotlight, we’ve invited industry leaders to share the opportunities and challenges of how they're bridging the impact of sports with Web3.
what we’re sharing in our group chats:
- A really interesting Twitter thread about project utility from Astrid Park, a project focused on creating park passes and excursions to fund an NFT-powered camper
- An announcement that Deadfellaz partnered with Wrangler Jeans to give away prizes and other benefits to their community
- This article about how Sony music is exploring NFT-authenticated music
- We thought this podcast episode from Boys Club about using NFTs for fundraising was a good listen
what we’re screenshotting:
what we’re celebrating:
- We’re so happy to welcome Randy Bechtold to our team as a Director of Business Development! He’ll be helping us with all things related to the sales cycle. Welcome, Randy!
- Our Head of Community, Monica was a speaker for the CMX summit in San Francisco last week!
- We just launched a way to start Investment DAOs and NFT DAOs! We can’t wait to see more people create interesting DAOs on Upstream. Let us know what you think!