gm! we’re excited to announce the launch of our new podcast. you can listen to it here!
each week, in this newsletter we’ll cover the latest events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we’re reading
- WTF is web3? With Gaby Goldberg, Crypto Investor & Thought Leader (Upstream)
- Austrian Programmer And Ex Crypto CEO Likely Stole $11 Billion Of Ether (Forbes)
- Celebrity DJ Steve Aoki says he makes more from NFTs than music royalties (Fortune)
- These Women Are Investing to Fix the ‘Diversity Problem’ in Crypto (CNBC)
- OpenSea Launches Verified Customer Support to Fight Discord Scammersrs (The Verge)
what’s on the calendar
meet alan patricof, co-founder of greycroft
tues @ 2:30pm ET | (RSVP)
In this event, Alan Patricof, co-founder and Chairman Emeritus of Greycroft and co-founder and Chairperson of Primetime Partners, will join Upstream to share about his new book, No Red Lights.
how to launch a viral NFT project: AMA with Alex Taub
wed @ 2pm ET | (RSVP)
I’m hosting an AMA to discuss how to build momentum around your NFT project. We’ll cover all things from choosing the concept, building the community, and keeping the interest going.
monthly web3 equity & inclusion spotlight: The MLK Letter NFT Project by ICONIC DAO
thurs @ 4pm ET | (RSVP)
This month’s guest is ICONIC DAO, who is building the world's Premiere Decentralized Museum, acquiring IRL culturally significant objects to bring together underrepresented communities in the web3 space. Their first collected item is one of the only remaining original drafts of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s most enduring written works "Letter from Birmingham Jail." This month we’re celebrating Black History Month! 🎉
Every month we will invite those working to make web3 more equitable to share insights on what they’re working on and how we can drive diversity in web3. This series is co-hosted by me & Michelle Abbs, VP of Community & Education at MetaGood.
where we’re going
fundraising breakfast w/estee lauder ventures & cold start ventures
tues @ 9:30am ET | (RSVP)
Join the NY Startup Community’s monthly Fundraising Breakfast. Mingle with investors and startup founders and learn how to raise venture capital.
coworking @ CSTM HAUS
fri @ 12pm ET | (RSVP)
Join the Future of Work Community’s IRL Friday socials in NYC. If you want to come early, Upstream is sponsoring a co-working table with 5 free spots all day (9am - 6pm ET). First come, first served!
crypto cowork day @ CIC miami
(next week) march 2, wed @ 11am ET | (RSVP)
Take a break from working from home or your local office and join us for a way to meet new people in the Miami tech scene.
upstream happy hour
sun, march 13 @ 5pm | (RSVP)
Join the Upstream team at SXSW for a line-up of events (more to be announced soon!)
fri @ 6pm ET | (RSVP)
Upstream is excited to help AndinoDOA create the first event Metahackathon in Lima, Peru. This event brings together artists & designers to a 1-week event virtually and IRL to create value on the blockchain for the metaverse.
who's talking about crypto
- Taylor Constantine | Crypto, Fintech, Joint Ventures (RSVP)
- Giovanna Sun | Blockchain Advisor, Artist. Curator. Art Collector. (RSVP)
- Kamran Ali | Crypto/Web3 Focused Investor (RSVP)
- Alexander Golding | Crypto Investor (RSVP)
what we're listening to
The first episode of “Collective Thoughts” with Gaby Goldberg, Crypto Investor & Thought Leader
- The Crypto 2022 Outlook on Unchained by Laura Shin, former senior editor at Forbes and one of the first mainstream reporters to cover crypto comprehensively
what we're screenshotting
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!