Collective Thoughts #24: Tony Hawk, Barbie, NFTs & more!
Your go-to read for crypto & community weekly!
what we’re reading
- How 99-year-old publisher Time is leading legacy media into the NFT future (CNBC)
- A DAO for Diseases: How Vibe Bio Plans to Retool Biotech Funding (CoinDesk)
- The new philanthropic frontier: How Web3 could democratize donations (Cointelegraph)
- Tony Hawk is entering the world of NFTs with ‘the biggest skatepark in the metaverse’ (CNBC)
1. NFT Community Event #73
Fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly meet-up where we’ll run through the latest proposals and what we’re seeing in the space.
2. DAO Talks #4 - Developer DAO
Tues, July 26th @ 2pm ET | (RSVP)
Join us for the 4th event in the series where we’ll talk to Mark, Founding Member of Developer DAO (@developer_dao). Developer DAO has a community of 5,000 members, all who can contribute and get rewarded for working on projects.
3. IRL MIami: Choose Your Web3 Adventure Meetup
Thurs, July 28th @ 6pm ET | (RSVP)
Back by popular demand! We will have 6 different dinner parties and sessions with guest speakers around the hottest web3 topics to bring together Miami’s web3 community by connecting like-minded innovators based on their passions through an intimate way.
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- This article about what DAOs and co-ops can learn from each other
- This interview with Mike Dudas about how a DAO raised $12.5 million in 17 days to buy a golf course
- This video about what it’s going to take for DAOs to go mainstream
- This video about the Biggie NFT Drop
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- Our friends at LinksDAO are hiring a VP of Engineering (tweet)
- The team at Glow Labs partnered with Barbie and Forever21 (tweet)
- Upstream in Italy! We joined a dinner of “fashion on-chain,” that brought together the most important web3 entrepreneurs, designers and luxury brands in Milan (tweet)
- Congrats Pomp, on launching a crypto hiring firm (tweet)
- We’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Product Designer (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? forward it to a friend.
See you soon!