what we’re reading
- Web3 activists fight for reproductive rights with NFTs, DAOs and protests (Cointelegraph)
- Metaverse Land Prices Holding Up in Current Market Climate (Blockworks)
- Crypto hackers are increasingly phishing for new bait on social media (TechCrunch)
- How DAOs Will Transform the Sporting Industry (Nasdaq)
- Reddit launches new NFT avatar marketplace (TechCrunch)
1. DAO Talks #3 - DAO Masters
Tues @ 12pm ET | (RSVP)
Join us for our third event in the DAO Talks series where we’ll talk to Julia Lipton, Founder of DAO Masters (@daomastersxyz), whose mission is to onboard the next million DAO contributors & operators.
2. Web3 Founders Origin Story: First Ape Wives Club
Wed @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
Attend our next event in the Web3 Founder Origin Story series where we’ll talk to Amanda Archer. Amanda founded the Women of the Metaverse (WOTM) to support women founders in web3.
3. NFT Community Event #72
Fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly meet-up where we’ll run through the latest proposals and what we’re seeing in the space.
who’s talking about crypto
- Eben Matthews | Co-founder, Creative Genius Super Humble at Macroverse
- Genesis Hernández | Community Lead at Buenbit
- Jeff Weisbein | Founder at Hype Lab
- Michelle Abbs | Vice President Community & Education at Metagood
- Walthova | Founder, blockchain enthusiasts, artist, entrepreneur
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- The Bankless State of Ethereum Q2 Report
- This exploration of the future of DAOs titled “Can DAOs Do More Than Coordinate Money?”
- This thread exploring a potential use case for DAOs based on Kyehs, small community-driven membership clubs in Korea
- This blog covering how 17,000 strangers almost bought the Constitution
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- Sarah Wood has been promoted to COO of Upstream!
- You can now try out an Upstream Collective in this demo!
- We’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Product Manager or Content Manager (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? forward it to a friend.
See you soon!