Hey everyone! The Upstream team has landed in NYC from Miami, Peru, California, & more.
what we’re reading
- Crypto Winter Hasn’t Stopped Billionaire Steven Cohen’s Firm From Investing In DeFi (Forbes)
- Bill Gates Mocks Bored Ape Yacht Club and NFTs (HypeBeast)
- Infamous scammer and fake heiress Anna Sorokin is launching an NFT collection to get away from her ‘scammer persona’ (Fortune)
- Unpacking Clinique’s Metaverse Campaign, How Beauty’s Approach To Web 3 Is More Than Just Skin Deep (Forbes)
- NFT.NYC expecting ‘diverse and eclectic audience’ to drive utility narrative of NFTs (CoinTelegraph)
what’s happening this week
Crypto Girl Summer Brunch @ NFT NYC
tues, june 21st 11am ET | (RSVP) | Location: Launch House Chelsea Club House
Fundraising Breakfast - NFT Week Edition
wed, june 22nd @ 9:30am ET | (RSVP) |Location: Spring Place, Saint Johns Lane, New York, NY, USA
This month's Fundraising Breakfast guest speakers are Kim Petry, CFO BAYC & Burkland, Baron Davis (Retired NBA player & Investor), Vivian Chen (CRV), Drew Austin (Red Beard Ventures) and Nihar Neelakanti (CEO, Ecosapiens & Former Menlo Ventures).
NFT NYC Happy Hour
wed, june 22 at 6pm ET | (RSVP) | Location: Freehold in Union Square: 20 Union Square W, New York, NY 10003
NFT Community Event #69
fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly meet-up where we’ll run through the latest proposals and what we’re seeing in the space.
who’s talking about crypto
virtual office hours
- Alexa Payton | Head of Venture Partnerships, dentsu
- Michael | Founder of Trapperversity
- Samuel Artmann | Principal at Sanctuary Ventures
- walthova | Founder, blockchain enthusiasts, artist, entrepreneur
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- This video outlining how LinksDAO went from idea to $12.5 million in 17 days
- This video sharing tips for dealing with the NFT Winter
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- Over 1,300+ people RSVPed for our Happy Hour at NFT.NYC! (RSVP)
- We had an amazing event for Pride with our community and allies in Miami (Tweet)
- We’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Content Manager (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? forward it to a friend.
See you soon!