Collective Thoughts #20: NFT.NYC is here!
Hey everyone! The Upstream team has landed in NYC from Miami, Peru, California, & more. See you soon!
Hey everyone! The Upstream team has landed in NYC from Miami, Peru, California, & more.
See you at the Women in Web3 brunch on June 21 (RSVP) and Upstream’s Happy Hour on June 22 (RSVP).
what we’re reading
- Crypto Winter Hasn’t Stopped Billionaire Steven Cohen’s Firm From Investing In DeFi (Forbes)
- Bill Gates Mocks Bored Ape Yacht Club and NFTs (HypeBeast)
- Infamous scammer and fake heiress Anna Sorokin is launching an NFT collection to get away from her ‘scammer persona’ (Fortune)
- Unpacking Clinique’s Metaverse Campaign, How Beauty’s Approach To Web 3 Is More Than Just Skin Deep (Forbes)
- NFT.NYC expecting ‘diverse and eclectic audience’ to drive utility narrative of NFTs (CoinTelegraph)
what’s happening this week
Crypto Girl Summer Brunch @ NFT NYC
tues, june 21st 11am ET | (RSVP) | Location: Launch House Chelsea Club House
Join us for a private web3 brunch w female founders x investors. Brought to you by the shrimp society, alpaca vc, launch house, mercury, upstream, and aws startups.
Fundraising Breakfast - NFT Week Edition
wed, june 22nd @ 9:30am ET | (RSVP) |Location: Spring Place, Saint Johns Lane, New York, NY, USA
This month's Fundraising Breakfast guest speakers are Kim Petry, CFO BAYC & Burkland, Baron Davis (Retired NBA player & Investor), Vivian Chen (CRV), Drew Austin (Red Beard Ventures) and Nihar Neelakanti (CEO, Ecosapiens & Former Menlo Ventures).
NFT NYC Happy Hour
wed, june 22 at 6pm ET | (RSVP) | Location: Freehold in Union Square: 20 Union Square W, New York, NY 10003
upstream, cryptoys, evaluate market, juicebox frens, kiki the bored ape, oneof and jpeg morgan have teamed up to host an unforgettable Happy Hour at NFT NYC 2022.
NFT Community Event #69
fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Our weekly meet-up where we’ll run through the latest proposals and what we’re seeing in the space.
who’s talking about crypto
virtual office hours
- Alexa Payton | Head of Venture Partnerships, dentsu
- Michael | Founder of Trapperversity
- Samuel Artmann | Principal at Sanctuary Ventures
- walthova | Founder, blockchain enthusiasts, artist, entrepreneur
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- This video outlining how LinksDAO went from idea to $12.5 million in 17 days
- This video sharing tips for dealing with the NFT Winter
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- Over 1,300+ people RSVPed for our Happy Hour at NFT.NYC! (RSVP)
- We had an amazing event for Pride with our community and allies in Miami (Tweet)
- We’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Content Manager (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? forward it to a friend.
See you soon!