this weekly newsletter will cover the latest industry events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we're reading
- The DAO of Restaurants: Crypto Fans Want to Buy McDonald's (The Street)
- The Rise Of The Metaverse: Where Crypto, NFT And Luxury Brands Merge (Forbes)
- Crypto’s Cold Start Is Bound to Thaw (Bloomberg)
- OpenSea’s NFT Free-for-All (WSJ)
- Nike is testing NFT trademark law by suing a sneaker reseller (The Verge)
what's on the calendar
investing in underrepresented founders
tues @ 12:30pm ET | (RSVP)
Josef Scarantino, Program Manager for HubSpot Ventures, will share his investing approach and why he’s so bullish on underrepresented founders.
the evolution of finance - ama with VP biz dev at FTX
thurs @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
wtf is…buying real estate in the metaverse
thurs @ 6pm ET | (RSVP)
In the next edition of “WTF is…” our crypto explainer series, we have Ryan Baue, Co-Founder of MetaMetric Solutions, to discuss how and why you’d buy real estate in the metaverse.
where we're going
nyc - coworking @ CSTM HAUS
fri @ 12pm ET | (RSVP)
Join the Future of Work Community’s IRL Friday socials in NYC. If you want to come early, Upstream is sponsoring a co-working table with 5 free spots all day (9am - 6pm ET). First come, first served!
colorado - daily meet-ups @ eth denver
fri, feb 11 - sun, feb 20 (RSVP)
If you’re at ETH Denver, stop by the DAOTown house. You can hang with the Upstream team everyday for donuts.
who's talking about crypto
- Michelle Abbs | Women in Web3 Leader (RSVP)
- Curtis Harris | Bitcoin Enthusiast (RSVP)
- Chris Adamo | NFT Thought Leader (RSVP)
- Aayush Shah | Crypto Investor (RSVP)
what we're listening to
- This podcast with Avery Akkineni, President of VaynerNFT, about how brands should use NFTs
what we're screenshotting
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!