gm! we’re excited to share that you can now change your votes in a Collective.
each week, in this newsletter we’ll cover the latest events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we’re reading
- The NFT market is probably not as down as you think it is (Fortune)
- Gucci to accept crypto in leap for luxury industry (Vogue)
- A new filmmaking DAO will let fans greenlight the projects they want to see (Fast Company)
- The DAO is the new investment club (Protocol)
- DAO Charity Creating More Transparent, Effective Charity in Ukraine (Yahoo Finance)
what’s on the calendar
AMA with Josh Gordon, Host of The Unstoppable Podcast
wed @ 4pm ET | (RSVP)
join us for a conversation with Josh Gordon, who hosts the podcast for Unstoppable Domains. this podcast is the go-to-resource to learn about the latest innovations in web3, NFTs, and the decentralized web.
Serial Marketers SpeedUps
wed @ 5pm ET | (RSVP)
join the Serial Marketers community for a virtual speed networking event. meet fellow experienced marketers and see how you can support each other.
NFT Community Event #64
fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
come and talk NFTs with Drew and Alex! we’ll run through the latest proposals and what we’re seeing in the space.
where we’re going
Crypto Cowork Day #3 @ CIC Miami
weds, may 11th @ 9am ET | (RSVP) | CIC Miami, Northwest 7th Avenue, Miami, FL, USA
take a break from working from home and join us to meet new people in our local Tech Scene. we’ll also be hosting our crypto genius bar where we will help set up your crypto wallet, ENS domain, and Coinbase account.
IRL office hours @ #MiamiTech Happy Hour
weds, may 11th @ 5-6pm ET | FreeHold Miami
the goal for these IRL Office Hours is to give community members who are already planning to attend #MiamiTech Happy Hour, a chance to book an office hour slot prior with a local tech leader for a check-in, warm hello, or introduction.
book an Office Hour time slot (here)
NYC IRL Boozy Ice Cream Social in the Park
thurs, may 12th @ 5pm ET | (RSVP) | Pier 62 at Hudson River Park, Chelsea Piers, New York join the Future of Work community at Pier 62 for some IRL networking, boozy ice cream by Tipsy Scoops, and an interactive storytelling experience led by 28Muses.
Wake Up Consumer VC LA Meetup with Clearco
thurs, may 12th @ 11:30am ET | (RSVP) | Groundwork Coffee Co., Rose Avenue, Venice, CA
the Consumer VC community is having their third in-person “Wake Up Meet-Up” at Groundworks on Rose. coffee and croissants provided by Clearco!
NFT NYC Happy Hour
wed, june 22 @ 6pm ET | (RSVP) | Location: TBD
Upstream, Cryptoys, Evaluate Market, Juicebox Frens, and Kiki The Bored Ape have teamed up to host an unforgettable Happy Hour at NFT NYC 2022.
who’s talking about crypto
virtual office hours
- Genesis Hernández | CM at Buenbit
- Alvarez Thelma | Portfolio manager at BlackRock Inc
- Alexa Payton | Head of Venture Partnerships, dentsu
- Samuel Artmann | Principal at Sanctuary Ventures
- Michael FT | Owner at Trapperversity
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- This newsletter exploring DAOs as a use case for non-profits
- This NYT Opinion piece talking about people who are early in crypto
- This podcast where a group of Bored Ape Owners (myself included!) discuss the Bored Ape Yacht Club land sale
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- if you’re in Europe, hop over to Berlin to see our Head of Operations, Sarah Wood, speak at Avalanche House this Friday, May 13 (RSVP here)
- you can now try out an Upstream Collective in this demo!
- we’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Developer, CX Lead, Content Manager, & more (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!