gm! we’re excited to share our newest feature: voting delegation. read here about how you can delegate your votes in a Collective.
each week, in this newsletter we’ll cover the latest events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we’re reading
- 3 questions about Coinbase’s NFT push (TechCrunch)
- The Many, Many Beautiful Cartoon Women of Web3 (The Atlantic)
- Nike and RTFKT’s First Digital Sneakers Have Landed (HypeBeast)
- Louis Vuitton releases new NFTs as fashion brands continue experiments in gaming (The Block)
- How I Grow My Portfolio With DeFi (Nasdaq)
what’s on the calendar
future of money 💰
tue @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
Kaben Clauson, CEO at TrueTeams, and Benjamin Reiter, General Partner at 840 Venture Partners, are joining the Future of Work community to discuss the future of money.
how to launch your own NFT project
thurs @ 2pm ET | (RSVP)
Jonah Kitay, CEO of Nifty Labs, is joining us to share lessons learned from launching a NFT project and what you should know beforehand.
how to have a stress-free move to Miami by Shyft
thurs @ 4:30pm ET | (RSVP)
with everyone moving to Miami, we've invited Shyft and an amazing panel from all areas of the ecosystem to share experiences, bumps, and wins when moving to Miami.
NFT meet-up about STEPN
fri @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
we have our friend Bunchu joining us to talk about STEPN, an app that’s exploding in popularity around “move-to-earn.” This means you can earn tokens for walking, running, and jogging.
serial marketers speedups
fri @ 3pm ET | (RSVP)
join the Serial Marketers community to meet fellow experienced marketers and see how you can support each other.
where we’re going
IRL office hours @ #MiamiTech Happy Hour
weds, april 27th @ 5-6pm ET | FreeHold Miami
the goal for these IRL Office Hours is to give community members who are already planning to attend #MiamiTech Happy Hour, a chance to book an office hour slot prior with a local tech leader for a check-in, warm hello, or introduction.
book an Office Hour time slot (here)
PerksCon NYC HR Conference
tues, april 26th @ 9am ET | (RSVP) | 125 West 18th Street, New York, NY, USA
come hang out at PerksCon with hundreds of HR leaders and founders. Music, champagne, network with the Future of Work community IRL in style! The link for tickets is on the event page.
wed, april 27th @ 9:30am ET | (RSVP) | 6 St Johns Ln, New York, NY, USA
join the NY Startup community for their monthly Fundraising Breakfast hosted by Ruben Austin, Director at Burkland & Partner at Transatlantic Venture Partners. The link for tickets is on the event page.
startup happy hour at The Players hosted by Otis AI
wed, april 27th @ 5:30pm ET | (RSVP) | 16 Gramercy Park South, New York, NY
join the NY Startup community to connect with other startups, small businesses, entrepreneurs, and VCs. Their speakers will discuss the latest ways to grow your business by leveraging organic and paid social media strategies.
who’s talking about crypto
virtual office hours
- Elizabeth Hunker | VP of IDG
- Samuel Artmann | Principal at Sanctuary Ventures
- Rish B | Partner at AltaLinks and Co-Founder of Invenzion
- Curtis Harris | BD at CompassMining.io
- Giovanni Vanini | Co-Founder of Daolectic Research
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- This Bankless podcast about Moonbirds and the future of utility NFTs
- This unreal swag from our friends at Boys Club
- This video with LG Doucet explaining what an airdrop is in web3
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- an epic Miami Tech Week! (Tweet)
- this shoutout in the milk road newsletter (Newsletter)
- super proud of our early users and the DAOs they’re starting (Tweet)
- you can now try out an Upstream Collective!
- we’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Developer, CX Lead, Content Manager, & more (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!