gm! want to test out an Upstream Collective? check out our newly launched demo.
you can also watch this walk-through video explaining how to use a Collective here.
each week, in this newsletter we’ll cover the latest events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we’re reading
- Crypto is altering the investing landscape for even the most disciplined VCs (TechCrunch)
- How DAOs Could Change the Way We Work (HBR)
- Why DAOs Should be Considered in Web3 Marketing (Ad Age)
- Crypto isn’t just for bros: Meet the mothers entering the market (NBC)
- Women-Led DAO Tackles (Lack of) Gender Diversity in Crypto (CoinDesk)
what’s on the calendar
future of work coffee social & try silo work pods!
tues @ 5pm ET | (RSVP) | The Bean, 54 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, USA
join the Future of Work Community for an in-person event at The Bean in NYC. enjoy a coffee and chat with Andrew Blum while checking out the launch of Silo work pods!
how do I get a job in web3?
wed @ 4pm ET | (RSVP)
join us to chat about the benefits of working in web3, how to land your first web3 job, the top opportunities in web3 at the moment, and much more 🚀
WTF... are people talking about? (gm, wagmi, hodli, mint, & more)
thurs @ 2pm ET | (RSVP)
this week, we’ll run all the acronyms and buzzwords flying around the crypto and web3 space. come with your questions!
where we’re going
IRL office hours @ #MiamiTech Happy Hour
weds, april 13th @ 5-6pm ET | FreeHold Miami
the goal for these IRL Office Hours is to give community members who are already planning to attend #MiamiTech Happy Hour, a chance to book an office hour slot prior with a local tech leader for a check-in, warm hello, or introduction.
book an Office Hour time slot (here)
tech & vc happy hour | #MiamiTechWeek
thurs, april 21st @ 4pm ET | The Wharf Miami | (RSVP)
join us at The Wharf Miami to have a drink and hang with the vibrant Miami Tech & Startup ecosystem at our MiamiTechWeek meetup!
choose your adventure tech meet-up with Venture Cafe x Shrimp Society
thurs, april 21st @ 6pm - 9pm ET | (RSVP)
upstream, venture café miami, and the shrimp society presents a choose-your-adventure tech meetup! Enjoy dinner and drinks with guest speakers and discussions around the hottest topics in tech and web3 today. You choose what you want to learn about!
who’s talking about crypto
virtual office hours
- Alvarez Thelma | Portfolio Manager at BlackRock Inc
- Santos Sadasivuni | Founder at LaunchRack
- Sam Payrovi | Founder-CEO at CONSORTIUM & CSTM HAUS
what we’re sharing in our group chats
- This super helpful Youtube video explaining staking: everything you need to know
- This Bankless podcast with Alexis Ohanian discussing the “Internet Reset”
- This podcast where Ravi Vora and Jordan Prince cover the ins and outs of minting a NFT
what we're screenshotting
what we're celebrating
- a super successful miami crypto co-working session! (tweet)
- if you’re at Paris Blockchain Week, stop by the panel on DAOs tomorrow. Sarah, our Head of Operations, is speaking! (link)
- you can now find all the archives of our newsletters on our blog here!
- we’re hiring at Upstream! Join the team as a Developer, CX Lead, Content Manager, & more (Job Board)
Like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend. Let me and Sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
See you at an event soon!