Collective Thoughts #1: Justin Bieber’s Ape, How to do Web3 Social Media Right, Deep-Dive on Crypto Law, & More!
This weekly newsletter will cover the latest industry events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
gm! you might notice this newsletter has gotten a revamp. we’re super excited to take a community-centered approach to closing the information gap about crypto and blockchain.
you’ll receive a separate email with the links to upstream events and office hours.
this weekly newsletter will cover the latest industry events, headlines, and insights in crypto and community. welcome to collective thoughts!
what we're reading
- DAOs Aren’t A Fad - They’re A Platform (Forbes)
- NFTs Are the Ticket to New York’s Newest Social Clubs (Bloomberg)
- Justin Bieber buys Bored Ape NFT for $1.29M (Page Six)
- VC-backed DAO startups are racing to define what DAOs actually are (TechCrunch)
- ‘The Boys Are Getting Loaded Rich.’ Now Women-Led Crypto Groups Demand Their Turn (The Information)
- This Marathon is Among the First IRL-Metaverse Mashups (CoinDesk)
what’s on the calendar:
upstream community townhall & AMA on collectives with alex
tues @ 4:30pm ET | (RSVP)
Upstream was created on the foundation to give and receive help. Join us for our new monthly event where new and existing members meet, share Upstream wins, and learn how to navigate the Upstream App to create more serendipitous moments.
web3 x social media
weds @ 4pm ET | (RSVP)
How do companies do web3 social media without being cringe? Ask Tai Lopez, owner of RadioShack, Pier 1, Ralph & Russo, Wilhelmina, DressBarn, Modells, among others, who has 2.9M followers on Instagram, 6.2M fans on Facebook, 1M subscribers on YouTube, and 600K+ followers on Twitter.
deep-dive on the laws affecting crypto, DAOs, & NFTs
thurs @ 1pm ET | (RSVP)
Kyle Lawrence and Moishe Peltz, Partners at Falcon Rappaport & Berkman PLLC, are here to talk through DAOs and NFTs and how to best approach them.
where we’re going (IRL events!)
la - wake up meetup with consumer vc
thurs @ 8:30 LA time | (RSVP)
Join the Consumer VC Community for an early morning in-person meetup at Groundworks on Rose in Venice. Clearco will be providing the coffee and croissants.
nyc - coworking @ CSTM HAUS
fri @ 12pm ET | (RSVP)
Join the Future of Work Community’s IRL Friday socials for a creative workshop with Legos. If you want to come early, Upstream is sponsoring a table with 5 free coworking spots all day! First come first serve (9am - 6pm ET)
who’s talking about crypto:
- Michelle Abbs | Vice President Community & Education at Metagood (RSVP)
- Chris Adamo | Co-founder of Flamingo Capital (RSVP)
- Evelina Lavrova | Marketing, PR & IR for DeFi, Web3 & NFT startups and VCs (RSVP)
- Matt Restivo | Founder of gMoon (RSVP)
- Alexander Golding | Investor at Delphi Digital (RSVP)
what we’re listening to:
- This podcast episode with crypto investor, thought leader, & Upstream speaker, Gaby Goldberg, talking about what it will take for crypto to go mainstream
- This Bankless podcast episode with the founders of Boys Club, a community making the crypto space a more welcome place for women
what we're screenshotting:
like this newsletter? forward it to a friend. let me and sarah know what you want more or less of in the next edition of collective thoughts.
see you at an event soon!