We’re super excited to reveal our latest feature for communities: Custom Onboarding Questions.
As of today, Upstream Community Admins can customize the onboarding questions for their community. Prospective community members answer these questions when they request to join their community.
With more information about prospective community members, Community Admins will be able to better decide who to accept into their communities and learn more about their community members in the process.
This has been long-requested by our Community Admins and we’re super excited to roll it out.
We’re starting out with simple text-based and dropdown fields, and will expand as we get more feedback.
Try it out and let us how it can be made better!
To Set Up Custom Onboarding Questions, Here’s How:
1. Click into Your Community (if you don’t own a community yet, click here to start one!)
2. Go to Community Settings
3. Click Community Onboarding
4. Click the “Add Field” Button
5. Customize the Questions You’d Like to Ask
6. See Responses in Your Membership Requests
Let us know if you have any problem getting this set up or would like it to look or function differently.